Walnuts are full of healthy essential fats, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, proteins, unsaturated fatty acids and fiber too. According to study eating handful of walnuts thrice a week can help you live longer. Below are the Nine Rare Health benefits of eating Walnuts.
Health Benefits of Eating handful walnuts:
- Walnuts lowers blood pressure and is beneficial in stress control
- Walnuts helps to regulate type 2 Diabetes and also aids in weight loss
- Lowers cholesterol and cardiovascular problems by 55% as it contains highest amount of antioxidants compared to other nuts.
- Prevents hair loss as it is rich in Vitamin B7 (biotin), promotes strong bones and also contains anti-ageing properties.
- Walnut consumption reduces risk of prostate and breast cancer. Scientist discovered that eating walnuts regularly can lower your cancer risk up to 40%.
- It promotes Brain health as walnut contains neuro-protective compounds like folate, Vitamin E, melatonin and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Walnuts helps in Gallstone prevention.
- Walnuts contain a compound called melatonin which helps to regulate sleep and wake cycles.
- Researchers say that eating 2.5 ounces of walnut per day improves semen quality in men.